About this blog

Hi everyone!

JunYet and Jacelyn here. This blog was started so that we could record our journey together as boardgamers. Hope you'd enjoy reading it as much as we enjoy writing it! :)

JunYet's posts/comments will be in this color, Jacelyn's will be in this color.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Power Grid 2P

Junyet vs Jacelyn

Actually I've had this game for some time. This is one of the first euro games I've bought. Almost solely because it's one of the highest ranking games on boardgamegeek.

Earlier this year Boardgamecafe organized a Power Grid tournament (a big one), and I decided to bring this out on the table again to give it another try. Havent's played this since last year.

Theme:
We're like TNB, supplying cities with electricity. The player who can supply the most cities at the end of the game wins.

 Me and Jacelyn building our cables across cities.


 To power up a power plant, we need to spend resources. Charcoal, oil, garbage or uranium. I like the game system - the leading player would have an disadvantage in the game, so that others can catch up.  If you're the first to buy resources (the leader buys last), you can buy them at lower price. As the supply depletes, the price of the resources will shoot up the roof. Every dollar counts in this game.


 That's me hoarding all the resources hehehe.

I did a last minute expansion to trigger the end game. I was left with only 2 bucks left!! So every dollar counts. Luckily I saved a bit here and there hehe.  If I didn't have enough I would have lost the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment