About this blog

Hi everyone!

JunYet and Jacelyn here. This blog was started so that we could record our journey together as boardgamers. Hope you'd enjoy reading it as much as we enjoy writing it! :)

JunYet's posts/comments will be in this color, Jacelyn's will be in this color.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We have been promoted! Hehehe.

JC:
It all started right after the Boardgame Retreat by BGC at the beginning of June. We were so new that we knew no one at the retreat except that Jun Yet knew CK and Wai Yan. Me, I had absolutely no idea who was who.

That definitely did not deter me from coming from the Boardgame Retreat by BGC! I only started playing boardgames last year and I really enjoyed it so having a chance to try out numerous boardgames in 2 days was an awesome treat!

A few weeks after BGC's Retreat, I had my holidays so I was back in KL and I was itching to play games, especially new games so I kept bugging Jun Yet to bring me to the well known BGC's OTK gaming sessions on Friday. We went the first week that we got back to KL and the second week that we were there. It was so much fun!! Right after these two initial visits to OTK, I made sure that if I was in KL on a Friday night and I wasn't half or totally dead tired, I would go to OTK with Jun Yet =)! (Can't wait to go OTK this Raya Break!)

A few weeks after that, I signed up for the BGC Community forums and it was a blast! I absolutely enjoy discussing, chatting and sharing with people, most of whom I have not met, my love of boardgames! Everyone is just so friendly and it feels great to know that there is such a great forum for Malaysians.

Our boardgame frenzy started with one innocent pledge on the boardgame "Startup Fever" by Jun Yet in June. After that, I saw "The Manhattan Project" and I was attracted to it immediately =D! To my surprise, Jun Yet approved! So I pledged for that game and somehow a wave of Kickstarters just followed!

Jun Yet and I even discovered a few Kickstarters ourselves! We were sure we were going to pledge for it but we wanted to ask CK for permission before we announced it on BGC's Facebook page or the forum but I was absolutely anxious! "What if CK says no?", "What if CK doesn't like the game?", "What if no one else wants to pledge?" were some of the thoughts that ran through my mind.

Jun Yet being the more calm and collected one assured me that even if no one pledged, it's okay but still I was nervous.. It might sound silly but trust me, for 2-3 days, I was a wreck waiting for a reply CK =P!

We had so much fun just being involved with boardgaming and boardgamers so I was shocked when CK casually mentioned "at this rate she's going, I may have to give her the BGC Evangelist badge soon... [hmmhmm]" in one of our forum threads! I was excited and shocked but I felt that I wasn't ready.

So you could only imagine how elated and dumbfounded I was when we saw this update on BGC's Facebook.






I was just about to go to sleep that night when I saw that update on Facebook. I got so excited that I was calling Jun yet ever so urgently and when he came over, he was jumping all around and I was too =)!

A big thank you to BGC and CK! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment