About this blog

Hi everyone!

JunYet and Jacelyn here. This blog was started so that we could record our journey together as boardgamers. Hope you'd enjoy reading it as much as we enjoy writing it! :)

JunYet's posts/comments will be in this color, Jacelyn's will be in this color.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Agricola, Warhammer and Modern Art

With exam just around the corner, everyone seems stressed, including our usual gamers. Some had to stay home and study instead of joining us for games. Well, that's what boardgames are for right? To help relieve stress. Or in some cases, add on to it :P

Game #1: Warhammer Invasion

 Jacelyn and I purchased this game second hand from a fellow member from the BGC forum, it came with really nice sleeves for a good price. Since then we have been amassing our warhammer army, getting all the expansions available in BGC during the Opening Sales.

JC: When I first saw this game being sold second hand in BGC's forum, I had absolutely NO IDEA what it was about =P! I asked Jun Yet about it and the minute he said that he has played it before and that it was a good game, I bought it immediately =D! Thanks to my hoarding abilities, I now have loads of fun with this game =D!

Jun Yet wasn't lying when he said we bought all the expansions available in BGC =P! I even bought a Battle Pack because I thought the box looked awesome xD! 


DSC02388

That's me getting my gluteus kicked by Jacelyn in Warhammer Invasion.


That's our second game. Chaos (me) was unable to withstand the continuous assault by the massive orc squads. Took me some time to finish deckbuild 8 decks, but boy it was fun! Reminds me of the old time, playing Pokemon cards.

JC:  I would like to think that my skills helped me to win but to be honest, if Jun Yet hadn't help me make the decks, I highly doubt I would've won plus when I see so many cards, I just see stars =P!



Game #2: Modern Art

In denial of my defeat in Warhammer Invasion, I quickly set up the table for Modern Art and hope nobody remembers it.

DSC02390

Jacelyn from New York Art Gallery.

DSC02392

Hans from Paris counting his money.
Hans won by quite a big margin! His investment on Christine P's arts paid off quite well.

JC: Haha! During the last round, 2 people played 2 doubles of Yoko if I'm not mistaken and out of randomness, I just ended the game with only one card out =P! So it was Yoko +30,000 whereas everything else +0 =P!

Game #3: Agricola

Brought out our old favorite today. Haven't been playing this in a while, since the initial surge of 10 games in few weeks!

JC: I'm the type of person who absolutely loves expansions! Half the time, I don't even know what the expansion does but I always feel that no game is complete until I have all (or majority) of the expansions but after playing Agricola and having 10 of each Minor Improvements and 10 Occupations to choose from to discard 3 each, I then realize how many cards the initial base set already had!


DSC02397

These sheep need a bit of love.
DSC02400

Jacelyn swept the whole crowd and placed them in the spacious farm. Roam free!


Now, this is a rare sight - the usually carnivorous Jacelyn didn't slaughter any animals for food. :)

JC: I was too busy farming and getting wood la =P! With a maximum of 3 wood added at that action per round, it's hard to get any wood even with 4 players plus everyone was hoarding wood (Yes Jo! We're talking about you!)



DSC02401

Han's farm. A lot of underutilized spaces, but he's got tonnes of cattle. And a horse. We scored the same amount of points hehe.

JC: His horse was quite cool! Even though points were deducted for not having one of each type of animal, he got bonus 2 points so that helped to neutralize the points lost there =D!

DSC02402



As usual, Jo beat us again. Best farmer award goes to Jo! Smallest in size but not be underestimated.

JC: To those of you who have never played with Jo or Nick, these two people are the most quiet people and suddenly they kick your butts and you'll lose horrendously! Nick & Jo always Cylons on a random note.

No comments:

Post a Comment